We are looking for an experienced head cook to take charge of kitchen operations, including leading the staff in all matters related to food preparation. You will be required to ensure that there are adequate food supplies, to plan the menu, and to see that the kitchen and equipment are kept immaculate at all times.
To be successful as a head cook, you should have the creativity to develop new recipes and the leadership skills to ensure that your team understands what is required of them. An excellent head cook should be able to handle multiple duties simultaneously and should be extremely organised.
- Interviewing, hiring, and training cooks and other kitchen staff.
- Planning and supervising tasks carried out by the food preparation staff.
- Taking responsibility for the health and safety of the food team.
- Planning food menus and ensuring that the menu is fresh and well presented.
- Keeping abreast of culinary trends and incorporating these into the menu.
- Developing recipes and determining how best to present dishes.
- Ordering food and supplies, such as kitchen equipment, and keeping an updated inventory.
- Dealing with suppliers and checking that the correct equipment has been delivered at the quoted prices.
- Checking regularly that the equipment and work areas are kept spotless.
- Keeping abreast of and complying with the latest health and safety laws and regulations.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Training at a community college, technical school, culinary arts school, or 4-year college.
- At least 2 years’ experience working as a head cook.
- Knowledge of culinary trends.
- A proven ability to create unique and delicious dishes.
- The ability to multitask and cope in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
To apply, you MUST meet the necessary requirements.
Closing Date: 02/06/2023