We are seeking experienced Junior Parts Salesman/Salesperson for our client in the automotive part retailer industry to sell parts to all customers, over the counter, through the shop, or on the phone.
- Assists all customers in selecting required parts in a friendly, professional, and efficient manner.
- Informs customers of companion part requirements and specials and ensures that the customer is exposed to the full product line.
- Answering phone calls, and providing price quotes and other information.
- Reviews body shop estimates to be sure the parts that are ordered are correct and all pricing is in line with the estimate.
- Provides a high level of service to internal and external customers.
- Pulls and fills orders from stock.
- Notifies parts manager of out-of-stock parts or shop materials that need immediate attention.
- Locates out-of-stock parts from an outside source and submits an emergency order, if necessary.
- Notifies the service advisor and the customer when special ordered parts have been received.
- Follows up on back-ordered parts.
- Replenishes assigned inventory daily.
- Makes sure all internal requests for parts are billed on the service repair orders.
- Ensures that all customers receive their copy of the invoice.
- Issues credit for parts returned, ensuring that the original invoice, or its number, is available so that purchase and pricing can be verified.
- Sets up orders for daily shipment, delivery, or pick-up.
- Keeps front and rear counter areas clean and uncluttered.
- Cleans computer terminals and printers daily.
- Participates in all training programs that are made available.
- Keeps current on new products and product updates.
- Participates with the parts manager in maintaining a lost sales tracking program.
- Maintains professional appearance.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- High school Certificate (Grade 12).
- MUST have a minimum of 1 year of work experience as an Automotive part salesman.
- Hands-on experience working in stressful, emergency situations.
- Strong working knowledge of Automotive Parts.
- Time management skills.
- Women are encouraged to apply.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours.
- Team player.
To apply, you MUST meet the necessary requirements and should be from one of the listed towns. Closing Date: 14 December 2022