The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong background in electrical engineering and will be able to troubleshoot and repair electrical motors. He or she will also be able to work independently and will be able to follow instructions carefully.
- Operate the engine of a vessel, as well as other machinery on board, in a safe and efficient manner.
- Maintain a watch during assigned hours, keeping a lookout for hazards and reporting any irregularities to the captain or mate.
- Keep accurate record of engine performance, fuel consumption and miles traveled
- Assist with loading and unloading cargo as needed
- Assists mechanics on engines repair and maintains inventory of hand tools, spare parts and engine equipment
- Strictly adhere to and enforce all safety procedures
- Responsible for conducting maintenance on the rig and rig equipment
- Responsible for keeping maintenance reports and records for rig motors and equipment
- Ensures rig and equipment are maintained and are in safe operating condition
- Responsible for operating heavy equipment and auxiliary equipment.
- Must be able to travel extensively to other locations, including rural areas, other states and internationally to work where the rig is operating.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to work overtime
- Grade 12
- Must have a minimum of 2 years' experience in drilling
- Must be able to communicate verbally and visually in a clear and effective manner including in noisy and low illumination environments
- Must be able to work in severe weather conditions
- Valid Passport
- Seamen book
- Covid-19 vaccination book
- Seafarer medical certificate
- BOSIET certificate
CLOSING DATE: 10/01/2023